The summer calls for fresh, crunchy, colorful healthy recipes just like this one. Cajun caviar you might ask? It’s almost like a salsa. It could be thrown over top some greens for a salad, or you could eat it all by itself as a summer side dish. I even put a little with my scrambled eggs this morning. The options are endless. It’s a little sweet, and not too spicy even though it does have a little Cajun seasoning involved.
This recipe makes a ton – perfect for taking to a summer barbecue or picnic, so half it if it’s just for two or four people.
This feeds at least 8:
- 1 can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed drained
- 1/2 red onion, chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped fine
- 3 ears grilled corn, or 1 can corn, drained
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 t cajun or creole seasoning
- 1/4 C Blush wine vinaigrette dressing – if you can’t find it try raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- Sprinkle fresh parsley for garnish
1 ) Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Chill. Best if it sits overnight. Garnish with parsley for presentation before serving.